Municipal Palace

2 Minutes of reading

The building, formerly known as Palazzo dei Priori, probably dates back to the 13th century, but over the centuries it has undergone various alterations and modifications that have altered its original lines.

Palazzo Comunale

On the entrance door there is the municipal coat of arms and a plaque with the inscription Gratia Dei Nicolaus Cardinalis de Flisco, recalling the name of the governor of Stroncone when the door was built around 1500. A stone staircase, on the walls of which one can admire plaques and fragments of Roman and early medieval origin, leads to the upper floor where one enters the ancient hall of the Priors, today the hall of the town council. All around on the walls of the hall, one can see the coats of arms of the local patrician families and of the four hamlets from the medieval period (Aguzzo, Coppe, Finocchieto and Vasciano).

Valuable works of art are kept in the Mayor's office: an ancient box for the Priors' voting cartridge case dating back to the 16th century, which contained the “brevicelli” for the extraction of magistrates; a 16th-century voting cartridge case; an oil painting depicting the Madonna and Child, coins and medals, the municipal seal, illuminated choir books and other historical documents, such as the 18th-century Statutes of the Municipality and the lawyer, Teodoro Costanzi's manuscript on the history of Stroncone.


Virtual tour 360

You might also be interested in...